The next AESOP Annual Congress will be held in Lodz, Poland from 11-15 July 2023, with the main theme of “Integrated Planning in a World of Turbulence”. We are happy to announce that this year again early career scholars will be appointed as Co-chairs for each of the 17 tracks.
We invite you to express your interest by uploading a short statement of motivation (max. 1500 characters) that includes an overview of your primary research interests, a recent, short CV, and your one (or several) preferred tracks here: https://forms.gle/siZvt8pTJiAfT9tj9
Please note that selected Co-chairs shall attend the conference and pay the standard registration fee. Early career researchers (before finishing their PhD) and young academics with strong links to the track themes will be prioritised in the selection process. In case of remaining spots, more experienced young academics are welcome to support the next Congress team. It is expected that the Co-chairs are coming physically to the venue and will be present during the sessions.
The 17 tracks are:
- Track 1: Integrated Planning for Complexity
- Track 2: Smart and Agile Planning: Smart Cities and Regions
- Track 3: Planning and Law for Turbulent Futures
- Track 4: Integrated Planning over The Borders
- Track 5: Planning for Mobility: Accessibility, Affordability and Sustainability
- Track 6: Planning for Democracy and Governance
- Track 7: Planning for Resilience: Territories, Communities and Environment
- Track 8: Planning for Culture and Tourism: Public Spaces, Heritage, Identity, Regeneration
- Track 9: Planning for Inclusive, Multicultural and Just Cities
- Track 10: Interdisciplinary Planning Education: Challenges, Dialogues, Innovations
- Track 11: Turbulent Urban Futures: Uncertainty and Adaptability
- Track 12: Territorial Governance and Cohesion
- Track 13: Multiverse of Planning Theories
- Track 14: CEE Planning Doctrines and Practices
- Track 15: Environmentalism: Climate Crisis and Green Deal
- Track 16: Territories Under Pressure: Geopolitics and Logistics
- Track 17: Planning for Post-Pandemic World
The deadline for applications is Friday, 16 December 2022, 10 PM CET. The Congress website with more information and the track descriptions will soon be available.